The pocket mentor fills the mental strength gap and support missing from our education
of school leaders report an increase in the number of students experiencing anxiety or stress over the last 5 years. (Young Minds)
Prince's Trust youth index reported the lowest level ever recorded for emotional health and conﬁdence in young people.
of young people said they would like to be taught how to look after their mental health. (Young Minds)
Here’s the good news…
“Promoting wellbeing, building resilience and good mental health will improve outcomes for children and young people, and the nation as a whole.” “Increased employability, capability and productivity, reduced absence, reduced demand on services and improved family relationships and happiness.” (Young Minds)
The Pocket Mentor will help you
Thrive in the challenges of life
Become more resilient in setbacks
Build motivation and self confidence to lead a happier kinder life
Better understand others and help them understand you
Become more self aware of our thinking mind to respond calmly and objectively
Start planting trees with your daily actions and thrive with our empowered community
5 to thrive
Your daily mental wellbeing workout!
- Mindful moment - A daily exercise of being present
- Daily Thanks - Listing things you’re
- Today I… Reflective journaling about
- Affirmations - Empowering statements to build self belief and mental strength
- My Values - Reﬂecting on how closely you’ve lived to your values, the qualities you believe are important to being a good person
These will take around 15-20 minutes to complete and when you’ve used your 5 to thrive tools for 10 consecutive days we’ll plant a tree on your behalf. Your growth grows trees!
Mindset boosts reactive tools
Real time solutions to real life challenges.
- Select how you’re feeling
- The Pocket Mentor will select a series of Mindset Boosts that provide solutions to your current challenge
- Watch/listen to your Mindset Boosts
- Follow the steps to apply the tools to help you thrive through the challenge and build helpful coping pathways in our brain
WHY MENTAL STRENGTH AND WELLBEING?
When we’re physically ill; a torn ligament or a stomach problem, we have surgery, treatment or physiotherapy to recover. There are recovery treatments for mental illness as well; psychotherapy or medication being a couple.
Proactively to maintain and keep our body healthy we’re recommended to exercise daily. Where’s the mental wellbeing version?
The Pocket Mentor ﬁlls this gap with evidence based mental strength tools that build the essential mindset skills missing from education, that are essential for thriving in the challenges of life: Resilience, conﬁdence, motivation, focus and empathy.
No matter your start point; your age, background or role, building mental strength and positive mindset helps us improve every area of our lives.
It’s never too late to start and the emotional intelligence skills we develop can be applied to any situation.
The Pocket Mentor itself is a product of its content. Every skill, tool and concept explained in the app have all helped the process of building this app and business.